NetShared

Kanye grabs microphone from Taylor Swift

Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Filed under ,

POP stars have slammed Kanye West after the rapper shocked the MTV Video Music Awards by crashing the stage during teen star Taylor Swift's acceptance speech.

DISGRACED star Kanye West used Jay Leno's prime-time debut to announce he plans to take time off to "analyse" his life after ruining Taylor Swift's moment at the MTV Video Music Awards.

“It was rude. Period,” said West of the incident, in which he took the microphone from the 19-year-old during her acceptance speech for best female video, declaring Beyonce was more deserving.

"I don't try to justify it 'cause I was in the wrong."

The rap star said the deafening boos of the crowd made him realise immediately that what he did was wrong.

He added that he would take time off from his music career to reflect.

“I’ve never taken the time off to really - you know, just music after music and tour after tour. I’m just ashamed that my hurt caused someone else’s hurt." he said. 

"My dream of what awards shows are supposed to be, ’cause, and I don’t try to justify it because I was just in the wrong. That’s period. But I need to, after this, take some time off and just analyse how I’m going to make it through the rest of this life, how I’m going to improve.”

West also conceeded his mother Donda, who died in 2007, would have given him a lecture regarding the incident after Leno asked him what she would have thought of his actions.

West did issue an apology for his tirade on a blog, but the post was  removed from his site early today.

"I'm sooooo sorry to Taylor Swift and her fans and her mom. I spoke to her mother right after and she said the same thing my mother would've said,'' West said.

"I'm in the wrong for going on stage and taking away from her moment! Beyonce's video was the best of this decade.

"I'm sorry to my fans if I let you guys down.''

West told Leno he would like to apologise to Swift personally.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Share/Save/Bookmark

Comments

Leave a Reply

Tags